Thursday 16 August 2007

Linked List - Week 33

It's been a long time since that last one, but now that the summer lull is reaching an end, I'll try and make my updates to the blog more frequent.

First link of interest is a Glassfish Wiki page created to contain all the screencasts related to GlassFish. I have to admit, I know very little about Glassfish to date - I'm hoping these screencasts will change that. To keep up to date, I'd recommend visiting The Aquarium blog.

Currently, I'm working on an update to a PHP site I wrote a few years ago, which lead me to find this article about the 5 tools every PHP Programmer should know about.
And while on the topic of the rework on the site mentioned above, I wish that YouTube would publish an Upload API so that I don't need to go round to YouTube to force video uploads each time - there has been a workaround written, but it's based on the POST format - if that changes, I'd need to change round my own code. Lazy I know, but that's what APIs are for. Anyway, rant over. If you're messing around with PHP, this best practices article is a worth scanning through.


Google Interviews - anytime I see a link about them, I have to check it out. I found two such links this week. This one discusses someone's interview experience with Google, from start to finish (without the interview questions of course!). Makes for good reading. Also, this guys talks about his telephone interview, with even more detail on the interview (with code) here.

Finally, a useful link here of the best free web hosting providers - if you're looking!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

James Khoo said...

Hi

This is coolboy, author of A portable JPA Boolean Magic Converter, thanks for your comments, and yes, I am interested to publish the article to JavaLoby, you could contact me to my gmail account at khoo dot james at gmail dot com.

Thanks and Cheers

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!
Want to make money online or learn how to get free traffic?

Check out my blog:
Get Paid Now

If you have any questions, feel free to leave a comment on my blog and I'll answer as soon as I see it.

Unknown said...

Hey James,

You left a comment on my blog (http://www.ensor.cc) with an offer to check out DZone. I didn't get your email out of the process, so I'm dropping you a line here. My email is "mike" (at) "ensor" (dot) CC


Mike!